This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

What line brought you back???

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

What line brought you back???

Postby ang3l3s » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 pm

I was brought back by the 2007 movie, my cousin never stopped and the only other 2 times i was gonna jump back in the mix was when he showed me his mp prime and alternator smokescreen but the evolution of the movie line really did it for me. So what floated your boat.

Sale thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/323806-ang3l3s-plastic-crack-sale.html

FEEDBACK:http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21543&highlight=ANG3l3s
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-e ... g3l3s.html
ang3l3s
Vehicon

Re: What line brought you back???

Postby freaky777 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:04 pm

ROTF. Though now that it has subsided my passion for Transformers too have slow long a lot.
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby DecepticonKing86 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Motto: ""Decepticon or Die!!!!!""
ROFT as well. I'm quite sad that I didn't for the first movie, I really wanted Bonecrusher.
TITOOK.NET Download and try
DecepticonKing86
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby DavidT » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
Beast Wars and again when R.I.D. came out... haven't left since :)

CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
For me it's a combination of RiD and Armada that properly brought me back. I was 17, and my parents pointed out the new RiD toys in a toy catalog, thinking I would be interested (how's that for parents? ;)). Of course, I initially didn't accept the new designs and left them for what they are, though after I saw the cartoon my interest was piqued, especially after seeing Fortress Maximus and Ruination, who I recognised as G1.
Some time later I came across a website that talked about Transformer collecting and the newer Armada line. Especially Sideways drew my attention. I never really thought about collecting, but before I knew it, I was the owner of a Sideways, and a RiD Prime on clearance. The rest is history.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Midnight_Fox » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:01 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Armada. I skipped Beast Wars and all its offspring completely. I know people will be aghast at the thought, but I just couldn't get into it at all. I didn't really like enough of the figures. I own the only figure I liked, Shadow Panther/Ravage, though I'm almost tempted by the Transmetal Ravage these days. I'm not a big fan of the CGI animation used(personally, I prefer hand drawn over CGI) and more over, didn't get drawn in to any of the episodes I saw(watched a couple to give it a try every so often) and wasn't really compelled by the characters.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Samsonator » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
RiD brought me back full-force, but I never completely left. I collected G1 as a kid, Desperately wanted G2 Prime to replace my aging broken G1, and was a sucker for Beast Wars both in show and toyline (not so much BM, but still got a few toys)... but RiD happened when I was finally getting into having money of my own. Armada nearly knocked me back out, but actually getting some of the figures (Decepticons mostly) kept me going. Haven't stopped since.
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Robots in Disguise

I remember getting back from college classes in the afternoon and zoning out to FoxKids cartoons.

God, I miss those times.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Mkall » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Armada was the one that brought me back. I bought the entire line, then ran out of money so I couldn't get energon and Cybertron; the good lines.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Blurrz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Armada brought me back the first time, 2007 Movie was the second. I've got a sizeable collection of both toylines, although I'm much more faithful to the Armada toy line.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Valandar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
The Masterpiece line, actually - specifically the US release of MP Convoy as "20th OP".

That, and Alternators. They pretty much blew my mind.
Valandar
Gestalt
Speed: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Grahf » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Motto: "The only cure for stupidity is death."
It was the first Classics line for me. When I saw Jetfire in all his majestic glory I was hooked once again. I hadn't bought a Transformer since the late 80s, now I don't have enough room to display all of my collection. I'm thinking of getting rid of one of my 55gal fishtanks so I can put up another bookshelf.
Sometimes, just checking one more store isn't worth it

Maynard James Keenan wrote:Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
Grahf
Headmaster
Buy from Grahf on eBay

Postby zenosaurus_x » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
The movie line. I was 12 when the movie came out and I instantly loved it, the very next day I bought a few figures.
Before I had been collecting Cybertron figures but I just never had enough money to make it a real collection....so when the movie came out I pretty much got sucked into TransFormers again.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Firepower: 10

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
In a way, I never left Transformers, I just stopped collecting. I was there G1 through G2 and it just faded out. I started watching Beast Wars in Season 2 through Beast Machines. I worked at McDonalds so I got all of the Happy Meal toys but the only figure I picked up before RiD started were BW Dinobot and my sister gave me Machine Wars Optimus Prime for Christmas. Fortunatly, most of Beast Wars and all of Beast Machines were shelf warming at the time so I managed to pick up a lot of what I missed. I missed most of Armada, Energon and Cybertron on TV due to work and only picked at the line since A/E/C toys were basically "G1 Neo" (ala Beast Wars Neo) and Masterpiece and Alternators/Binaltech were much more up my alley. I loved the movies and Animated and I'm looking forward to what's next. This Movie/Classics Generations line has me stoked all over again!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Metallo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:25 pm

I have to say Masterpiece and Binaltech/Alternators too.

They were the TF's I always wanted as a kid. The detail just blew me away.
Metallo
Micromaster

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Like many others, it was the 2007 movie line that got me into TF collecting. In fact, I didn't even know of Armada and Cybertron until the Bayverse toys got me into TF collecting. Wish I'd started collecting in time to buy me a Galaxy Convoy...but that's digressing.

I've been staying away from figure collecting ever since I hit 13 and discovered the wonderful, bloody world of the Sega Genesis and Street Fighter. To be honest, I wasn't even planning on watching the 2007 movie, after all the turkeys Hollywood's been making from video games and toy franchises. But I DID watch the movie and ACTUALLY ENJOYED it, and a chance encounter with a toy store on the way back introduced me to the Bayverse toys, in all their detailed and superbly-articulated glory.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

The Movie line, namely the Decepticons, though I had been eyeing whatever Transformer toys local stores had in stock for a year or so right before. I hadn't had a TF since those Fuzors (which are perhaps my favorite style ever), and those 'Cons with their weird proportions and bugish faces with surprisingly realistic alt modes were just what I like.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby 3.8TransAM » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:50 pm

I never left either.

Never got rid of any Gen1 toy or the few G2 I ended up with.

Hated Beast Wars, but now don't mind it. More of a its not Gen 1 to me lol

I kinda got stoked when they re released the Predacon's all those years ago, 5 or 6 years ago (I think?)now and I never got them because I lost my job at the time.

I do G1 and all of its descendant lines like Titanium homage, Classics and Universe and am currently up t 4 MP Skywarp and tried cleaning 13 of them out at Walmart but they wouldnt clearance them below 30$ lol
Watching since episode 1 aired in 84
Reading since #4 released in 84
GM for life.
If it's not G1 it's not canon
Da Bears
3.8TransAM
Combiner

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 pm

I watched all of Beast Wars, but stopped watching with RID. Oddly, it was around the time I stopped watching TFs that the MP, G1 "Dreamwave" reissues, and Energon all made me interested in collecting TFs.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
I don't think I left, either. I kept most of my G1 toys during the 'Dark Ages' before Beast Wars. AIt took me a bit before I restarted toy collecting, but I was watching the cartoon when it came out. *Happy sigh* Good times.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Endurance: 10
Skill: 6

Postby SnapTrap » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:10 pm

Beast Wars brought me back. I was mostly focused on the combiner figures during G1. At first I hated the animal modes for the figures and didn't give the line a second thought. Not until I found BW Tripredicus & Magna Boss on clearance at a KB Toyworks. Once I got those figures, I was back.
SnapTrap
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Editor » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
I kind of dropped out of TF's after G2 tappered off, and the first Beast wars stuff just didn't grab my attention. While i remember seeing the alligator Megs, and Bat Primal they just seemed wrong.

However I started to enjoy Beast Wars as a show about the end of the first series, but didn't care to start collecting again.

What got me buying was Energon, as I found I just liked a number of the designs and the g1 goodness in the line.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby 8 bit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
Cybertron. There's a lot of great figures from that line.
8 bit
Targetmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7

Postby SoundStang » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Beast Wars - I had just moved to Austin, Texas, first time really away from home. At the time didn't have cable, however I could pick up a few channels, and one of them was an afternoon Fox Kids channel that played Beast Wars. I didn't get into it at first but started to enjoy this new storyline. It was something familiar but yet not in my new home.

However, I didn't start really collecting until the Robots in Disguise toyline...
Last edited by SoundStang on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoundStang
Minibot

Postby Suz » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Hmmm....I never really quit collecting. I began back in '92 with Generation 2. The next few years were mainly tracking down G1 figures. Because I had most of what I wanted and wasn't the least interested in stuff like Armada and RiD, I took a break. I jumped back in when Masterpiece Prime, G1 reissues, and the Universe/Classics figures were released.
Generation One Forever!
Suz
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Rise of the Beasts Battle Masters MV7 ROTB 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTLE DAMAGED MEGATRON Transformers Movie Robot Replicas complete 2007 210930BD"
BATTLE DAMAGED MEG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRETZEL Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020"
BRETZEL Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Command & Convert Animatronic OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Rise Beasts ROTB 2023"
Command & Convert ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 4A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rise of the Beasts Autobots Unite Spark Chargers ROTB New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON